Dental crowns act as a "cap" or cover that our Portland prosthodontists can place over a tooth damaged by dental decay or disease. Dental crowns help to restore a tooth to its normal size and shape so it can properly function and help protect the tooth from breakage. Crowns are designed to strengthen a tooth weakened by disease, decay, or injury, and improve its appearance.
Dr. Bray may recommend a dental crown for patients who:
- Have a cavity that's too large to properly fit a filling
- Have a missing tooth and need a dental bridge to repair their smile
- Need to cap a dental implant
- Have a cracked or structurally weakened tooth that needs improved support and stability
- Have undergone root canal therapy and need to cover it to protect the tooth
- Want to cover a badly damaged tooth and improve the appearance of their smile
- Need to improve the shape of their bite
- Have worn down their teeth and need to restore them to the right size
If you want more information about dental crowns in Portland, contact our office today to find out more about what a dental crown can do to improve the appearance and function of your smile.